Saturday, March 12, 2022

For passing Gimos, and other assorted Broshlanders.

 Hello, hi, and other greeting sundries. 


I trust you all are well, as you've always been well in your own right. I know The Broshland went under many MANY moons ago, and for the most part, I have not tried to reach out too much. Let the past be the past, right? 


And yet. I think about y'all to this day. I hope you're all well, and having golden brown grilled cheese sandwiches punctuated with freshly squeezed juice of your preferred fruits. I was barely there for the lifeline of Very Serious, but I regret deeply not keeping in touch. I wish I called you, Sir Gimo. You gave me your number and said 'call when you please" and I never did. I wish I had. I wish I would try to this day. I still have it written right next to me. I don't know what I'm doing. ANYWAY.


As for the rest of y'all Broshlanders, I'm not about to start trying to name names, accidentally leaving peeps out, but just know some random Derfthing goblin remembers and loves y'all, and uh...I dunno. Take care. =] Be safe. A third thing that reinforces those first two things etc. Now here's an old sketch of Smallsy that I still need to paint:






4 comments:

dogimo said...

You echo so many of my own sentiments, sir. A call would always be welcome, though I'm afraid it might need to be set up in advance. My phone is on last legs, and I can no longer carry it with me. The light turns on in the pocket and drains the life! But a text a day early with time (Eastern) should find response and confirmation. I don't think I have your number.

If you text me your number I'll plug it in so it says "Derf!" when and if you call. When I'm near the phone, that'd grab me!

Derfender of Piece said...

Hey! It's you! The guy With the sirs and the dogs and the gimos! Glad you're still out there, fellow Joe. And don't waste your time fretting about a derf call. I think I'm one of those elder-millennials that dread phone calls and answering knocks on the door, all the while wanting to both knock and dial but being like "nah" etc.

Seeing as we're here now though, what's been up, man? How's life as a totally rad dude? Still doing poetry, or nah?

dogimo said...

Hey! I got no notification on this. Yeah, I'm doing okay. Still doing the poem-a-day(-on-average) thing and other random stuff. No worries on the call. I'm mostly hermiting, m'self. Kind of peaceful and serene

Derfender of Piece said...

Glad to hear it! And I relate to the hermiting greatly. Many much hermiting. OH THE MAY MUCH HERMITING I DO! and have done, and will continue to do etc. Am glad to hear you've got the peace and serenity going. Keep it up! and apologies for making my 'reach out to peeps' bullshit your problem haha.

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated, however.